Friday, April 18, 2014

Candle making

I made my first batch of hand dipped candles last night. It went surprisingly well. 
I started by cutting 12 lengths of braided cotton wick material and melting 5 pounds of was in a double boiler. After the wax melted I started dipping. 
The finished candles were dipped about 50 times and hung up to dry over night. 
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The whole process took about 3 hours (most of which was spent waiting on the wax to melt and get to the right temperature. 
I can't wait to try some different colors and scents. My boyfriend is helping me set up a little online shop and making some packaging so we can earn a little extra cash. I'll post a link once everything is set up. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment