Thursday, January 22, 2015

Minimalism challenge days 7 & 8

Day 7 of my minimalism challenge was to streamline my reading list. This was hard because I'm one of those people that has multiple books going at one time. I decided to focus on one book and evaluate my other choices. What it came down to was setting aside Hollow City, the sequel in a series that I had started, and focusing on finishing Eyeless in Gaza, which I'm really enjoying. After that I've got three more books on my list: Eye of the World, The Gold Finch and a book that my boyfriend got me for Christmas (with a french title that's hard to spell). I think focusing on one book will allow me to slow down and enjoy reading each piece. 

Day 8 of the challenge was to learn to enjoy solitude. There wasn't much learning here as I crave alone time. I love having a day to myself where I can relax and work on my photography and crafts. I especially enjoy cooking for myself. It lets me try new recipes and slow down and enjoy the cooking process. 

I'll have another post later today about day 9's challenge. 

Xoxo
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment